Step 1: make an application for a married relationship Licence
2. Review instructions on re-marrying following a divorce or separation, if relevant.
3. Finish a married relationship licence application.
- For quicker service, apply online.
- You can print the form if you are unable to submit your application online or prefer to use a paper version.
4. Search for City Clerk’s workplace with all the after:
- completed application dated with exclusive signatures (perhaps not scanned or photocopied)
- 2 bits of initial and government that is valid ID for every single individual using through the set of appropriate ID (see Identification needs)
- divorce or separation documentation, if relevant
It is possible to use without your spouse, if:
- the two of you have finalized and dated the completed application (applications with scanned or signatures that are photocopied never be accepted)
- you bring the necessary recognition for each individual regarding the application (original ID only, we’re going to perhaps perhaps maybe not accept photocopies or scanned pictures)
- bring divorce that is original, if relevant
- You must bring your own interpreter if you cannot read or understand English.
- The interpreter must present their particular recognition.
The expense of a wedding licence is $140 (HST will not use).
The wedding licence charge is non-refundable.
Anybody avove the age of 16 yrs . old will get married in Ontario. You will need consent from your parents or legal guardians if you are under 18 years of age. a parental permission kind needs to be completed. Types can be purchased in our workplace. Your mother and father or appropriate guardians must additionally be current at that time you distribute your wedding licence application.
Most people are welcome to try to get a married relationship licence and obtain hitched in Ontario, whether your home is here forever or temporarily. There aren’t any sex, residency, citizenship or medical needs whenever trying to get a wedding licence. The requirements are exactly the same for everyone.
Each individual trying to get the wedding licence must bring 2 bits of appropriate federal federal government issued recognition (ID) through the list below.
- Recognition needs to be legitimate and initial (we shall perhaps not accept photocopies or scanned images/documents)
- Recognition must definitely provide your name that is legal and of delivery
- Very first and final names must match from the two items of ID which are presenting.
- To own your center name(s) included on your own wedding licence it should appear on both also bits of ID.
- ID regarding the list could be from any national nation, provided that it really is government granted.
- In the event that ID just isn’t in English, a written interpretation from an avowed translator is necessary.
- Health cards and S.I.N. cards will never be accepted.
- Birth Certification
- Driver’s Licence
- Ontario Photo Card (Purple photo ID card)
- Certification of Canadian Citizenship (Canadian Citizenship Card)
- Canadian National Refugee Travel Document
- Conditional Release Identification Card
- United States Of America Green Card
- Native Status Card
- Record of Immigration Landing
- Verification of Permanent Residency
- Permanent Residency Card
- Citizenship Card
- Identification Card
- Nexus Card
- Firearms Acquisition Certificate (FAC)
- Possession & Acquisition Licence (PAL)
Divorced in Canada
You need to submit proof that is official of divorce or separation whenever you make an application for a married relationship licence. This could be the first or a copy that is court-certified of:
- Last decree
- Certification of breakup
A professional copy of either of the above mentioned breakup documents could be obtained through the court workplace that given the divorce or separation. A Decree Nisi, Divorce purchase or Judgement just isn’t appropriate. All papers may be came back.
You can contact the Central Registry of Divorce Proceedings or 1-613-957-4519 if you do not know where your divorce was granted.
Divorced Outside of Canada (Foreign Breakup)
That you are no longer married if you were divorced outside of Canada, you will need to provide certain documents to prove. Work for the Registrar General for the province of Ontario has to validate these documents and supply authorization to help you to receive a wedding licence.
To learn more, contact the Marriage Office at 1-800-461-2156 (toll-free) or check out provider Ontario. Foreign divorce or separation packages can be acquired at some of our workplaces.